Product Announcement 2016
Dear Valued Customer,
We are excited to present this product announcement for version 2016. There are many new changes and functions that will significantly improve look and feel, navigation, and functionality using the latest technology.
There are also some promotions and discounts below for our new mobile applications and donation portal. Some items will be highlighted even if they have become available in 2015, but have not been officially announced.
Anyone who uses Campus Café should at a minimum review the below highlights. Please remember that a new function may not be visible to you unless your administrator ensures that you have permission for appropriate functions.
This document contains summarizations of major changes organized by functional area. Please refer to the current documentation on our web site at www.campuscafesoftware.com for additional details on implementation of new features. Technical release notes are also available, but are intended for users who have familiarity with technical aspects of the product and will be made available upon request.
General Product Changes
A new user interface (UI) has been implemented for V2016. This includes the following:
- New menu design that can be called and hidden when needed.
- New filter interfaces that allow more flexibility in customization and look and feel.
- New grid layouts that allow reordering of columns and rows.
- Grid layouts now add direct edit/update of selected data elements.
- Other UI improvements.
- NOTE: You may want to replace the Campus Café logo in the new menu with your own. It must be the same size as the Campus Café logo which is called logo_1.png in the Tomcat images folder and is 800x364.
Campus Café now offers a suite of true mobile applications. There is a nominal charge of $1.00 per year per FTE (full time equivalent) for this service. We will discount the first year charge 30% if contracted prior to February 29, 2016. Mobile applications include:
- Student Schedules / Exam Schedules
- Email Add/Edit
- Hold Codes
- Billing Statements
- Faculty Rosters and communication with students through text and email
- Add/Adjust Grades Through Faculty Schedule
- Faculty Schedules / Exam Schedules
- Advisee Listing and communication with students through text and email
Additions to Web Interface
(Programs that are deprecated on the Client will be noted with **)
- Add Faculty and Faculty Maintenance ** New faculty records can now be added from the All User Add Person/Org function. Faculty fields can be updated through the faculty finder.
- Add Alumni/Constituent Faculty ** New alumni/constituent records can now be added from the All User Add Person/Org function.
- Add Organization or Sponsor ** New organizations or sponsor records can now be added from the All User Add Person/Org function.
- Permissions Maintenance.** All permissions maintenance including assignment of users to groups, group permission maintenance, adding groups, copying groups, and setting default display semesters for groups is now web based.
- Majors/Program Table Maintenance.** Adding and changing of majors/programs is now web based.
- Semester Dates Maintenance.** Updating and adding semester dates records is now web based.
- Cash Batch Entry.** All cash receipts batch entry is now web based. This includes entry and adjustment of student payments and miscellaneous (non-student) payments. This interface has additional functionality not available on the client including automatic batch number assignment for each batch posted, sortable grids, improved filtering/posting options, and posting reports that are not dependent on third party report writer (Crystal Reports).
- Bill Batch Entry.** All manual billing batch entry is now web based. This includes entry and adjustment of student ledgers. This interface has additional functionality not available on the client including automatic batch number assignment for each batch posted, sortable grids, improved filtering/posting options, and posting reports that are not dependent on third party report writer (Crystal Reports).
- Transaction Code Entry.** All entry of transaction codes for billing and cash receipts are now web based.
- Billing Rules(Billing Matrix) Entry is now web based.
- New Gradebook Module. This interface is found on the Registrar menu and allows for a fully functional gradebook including objective and sub-objective designation and weighting.
- 2015 Common Applications changes have been implemented.
- Prior school filter now allows for returning multiple results with improved lookup.
- Ethnic code filtering.
- 2015 IPEDS reporting requirements implemented.
- Retention Scoring System. This system allows weighted scores (plus or minus) to be assigned to activity tracking records (e.g. academic/judicial alerts) and attendance records. Addition of these type of records adds points to a student’s score which is kept by semester and cumulated for an overall score. The student finder allows for filtering on the score and also color coding/sorting of the students on the grid to quickly locate students with scores in the selected range.
- Ethnic code filtering.
- Web Based batch enrollment add function. This will allow batch adding of enrollments to a list of students found on the people finder with a save function.
Student Financial Accounting
- 2015 NSLDS/Clearinghouse Requirements. Numerous changes have been implemented including program change requirements and program completion requirements.
- Due to the required NSLDS requirements, we are recommending changes to the degree row status to ensure accurate reporting. This includes mandatory hard coding of the following codes (E=Enrolled, A=Active-not enrolled, Y=Graduated/Conferred, W= Withdrawn, C=Completion, I=Inactive degree row (used to mark inactive rows when new programs are started). See documentation for additional details. We recommend using activity tracking for file for degree candidates. This will keep the degree status limited to student status.
- Cash batch, bill batch, billing rules, transaction codes move to web as noted above.
On Line Donation Portal. This interface will allow outside donors or logged in users to make donations on-line with real time creation of cash batch records. For non-profit institutions, Campus Café will donate 250.00 to your annual fund if you implement the donation portal before February 29,2016.
Exporting from the web general ledger look up can now be done one of three ways:
- Use the new export button on the page.
- Copy the entire page (control A) and paste into excel.
- Save page to desktop and then use existing import from excel (from web).